Kelly Fernald Tiberini
Kelly Tiberini practices exclusively in the areas of estate planning, administration and litigation. With her advanced law degree in taxation from NYU School of Law, Kelly is particularly adept at assisting clients with both simple and complex estate planning matters. She especially enjoys helping clients reach their charitable planning goals. Kelly’s prior trial experience as a litigation attorney helps her develop effective strategies in trust and estate litigation and gives her a unique perspective as an estate planner. Kelly is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California of Legal Specialization.
Basic and advanced estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, simple and sophisticated irrevocable trusts, entity formation, business succession planning and charitable planning, including all related estate, gift and income tax planning issues and specialized high net worth planning.
Estate and Trust Administration
Estate and trust administration, including probates, summary probate procedures, other probate court proceedings relating to estate and trusts, property allocation agreements, fiduciary and beneficiary representation, accountings, qualified disclaimers, guardianships, conservatorships, special needs trusts with related court proceedings, marital agreements, spousal property characterization and preparation and review of estate and gift tax returns including audit representation.
Estate and trust litigation, including will and trust contests, contested Probate Code 850 and 17200 petitions, beneficiary/trustee disputes, accounting issues, settlement agreements, discovery, mediation and other contest probate proceedings.
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Member, California Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Former Secretary/Treasurer, California Bar Association, Taxation Section
- VP of Membership, Sacramento Gator Club®
- Volunteer and Animal Foster Care Provider, Front Street Animal Shelter in Sacramento
- Appointed Committee Member, City of Sacramento Animal Care Services’ Citizens Advisory Committee
- Volunteer Mentor, C.K. McClatchy Law and Public Policy Academy
- Volunteer Speaker, Operation Protect and Defend
- LL.M. in Taxation, NYU School of Law, 2008
- J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of Florida, 2000